UPSC ESE 2020 Syllabus ESE Preliminary & Main Exam Pattern UPSC ESE Main Syllabus UPSC ESE Preliminary Syllabus UPSC Indian Engineering Service Syllabus 2020 UPSC ESE Syllabus 2020 Download Engineering Service Exam Syllabus 2020 Check UPSC ESE Exam Pattern for Civil Mechanical Electrical Electronics & Telecommunication Paper pdf UPSC ESE 2020 ESE Pre & Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern
UPSC ESE 2020 Syllabus
About Recruitment :
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) sorts out Indian Engineering Service Exam for posts in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical building, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. Numerous Candidates Filled their Online Application structure. The Last Date for Submitting the Online Application structure was 15 Oct 2019. Competitors Can Check the Details From the Below Provided Link.
About the Exam :
Engineering Services (Preliminary – Stage I) Examination, 2020 will be led on the date fifth of January, 2020. The Exam Will be Conducted on the Various Prescribed Exam Center Provided by the UPSC. Data about Exam Pattern and Syllabus of IES Exam is given here.
Selection Process: UPSC will be conducted this exam in three stages that will be as follows:-
- Stage – 1. Preliminary Exam (Objective Type Paper (500 Marks)
- Stage – 2. Mains Exam (Conventional type Paper) (600 Marks)
- Stage – 3. Personality Test (200 Marks)
Exam Pattern: -Exam Pattern is as follows:
- The Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination will consist of two objective types (multiple choices) question papers and carrying a maximum of 500 marks.
- The Preliminary Exam Paper-II Subject is different according to differ Categories.
|Paper||Subject||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper -I||General Studies & Engineering Aptitude||200||2 Hrs.|
|Paper-II||Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics & Tele. Communication Engineering||300||3 hrs.|
Note:- There will be a negative marking of 0.33 Marks for objective type paper.
Those candidates who qualified the Preliminary Exam are eligible to participate in the mains exam.
- The Mains exam Comprise two Papers.
- The Exam pattern differs according to the branch as follows…
|Paper||Subject||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper -I||Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Tele. Communication Engineering||300||3 Hrs.|
|Paper -II||Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Tele. Communication Engineering||300||3 Hrs.|
In the Personality Test special attention will be paid to assessing the candidate’s capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application and integrity of character. The Personality Test will be carrying 200 Marks (with no qualifying Marks).
► The final selection will be based on the total marks of the written exam and interview.
Exam Syllabus:- Candidates can download detailed syllabus for IES exam from the following link–
General Studies and Engineering Aptitude (Preliminary Examination/Stage‐I, Paper I, Objective type, Common to all Candidates)
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance, and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution, and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e‐governance, and technology-based education.
- Ethics and values in the Engineering profession.
Note: The paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude will include Knowledge of relevant topics as may be expected from an engineering graduate, without special study. Questions from all the 10 topics mentioned above shall be set. Marks for each Topic may range from 5% to 15% of the total marks in the paper.
Competitors are encouraged to stay in contact with this page and UPSC site for more updates identified with Indian Engineering Service Exam.
Important Link Area
| Detailed Recruitment||UPSC ESE 2020 Notification|