SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 SSC Stenographer (Grade C & D) Exam 2019 Staff Selection Commission Stenographer 2019 Notification Brochure Application form, check Steno Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Recruitment Online Application Date Last Date How To Apply Last date Starting date Exam Date Update News Application Form SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 SSC Stenographer Notification 2019 SSC Stenographer Job Vacancy 2019 Latest Update about SSC Stenographer ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2019
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Staff Selection Commission will hold an All India Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade “C” (Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted) in Pay Band 2 plus Grade Pay as admissible and Stenographer Grade “D” (Group ‘C’ Non-Technical) in Pay Band 1 plus Grade Pay as admissible in various Central Government Ministries / Departments / Offices. Other Details are provided below……..
Details of Vacancy :
|Post Name||Initial Vacancy||Updated vacancy|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||323||1276|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||31||429|
Age Limit :
- (a) Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 18 to 30 years as on 01-01-2019 (i.e. candidates born on or after 02-01-1989 and born before or on 01-01-2001)
- (b) Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 18-27 years as on 01-01-2019 (i.e. candidates born on or after 02-01-1992 and born before or on 01-01-2001)
- (c) Permissible relaxation in upper age limit as specified in Para-5 (a) and 5 (b) above and category codes for claiming age relaxation are as follows
|code No.||Category||Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|3.||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|5.||PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|6.||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.|
|7.||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||05 Years|
|8.||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||03 Years|
|9.||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST)||08 Years|
|10.||Central Govt. Civilian Employees:|
Who has rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications
|Up to 40 years of age|
|11.||Central Govt. Civilian Employees:|
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ST)
|Up to 45 years of age|
|12.||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13.||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|14.||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces.||Up to 45 years of age|
|15.||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ST).||Up to 50 years of age|
|16.||Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies )||3 years plus the length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weight of past service.|
Education Qualification As on or before 01-01-2019:
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-30 years to be eligible for SSC Stenographer 2019 Grade C Exam.
- A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-27 years to be eligible for SSC Stenographer 2019 Grade D Exam
Application Fee :
- Fee payable: Rs 100/-(Rs one hundred only).
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of the fee.
How to Pay Fee :
Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
How to Apply :
Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in Before Applying, Candidates Are Advised To Go Through The Instructions Given In The Notice Of Examination Very Carefully.
Important Dates :
|Submission of online applications||20-09-2019 to 18-10-2019|
|Last date for receipt of applications||18-10-2019 (17:00)|
|Last date for making online fee payment/offline Challan||20-10-2019(17:00)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||22-10-2019|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||05.05.2020 to 07.05.2020|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer 2019 examination will be conducted on 2 different levels. The first level is Grade C and D exam that comprises of MCQs and is conducted online. After this exam has been conducted, an exam to test your skill sets in various domains is conducted by SSC.
a) The details of Computer Based Examination for SSC Stenographer 2019 Grade C and D are mentioned below:
|Section Asked||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
- The question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except for Part-III.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
- Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
b) Skill Test in Stenography:
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will be called for the Skill Test. The commission may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Examination. The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the Skill Test for different categories of candidates.
- The candidates will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed the use of scribe in the CBE (Para-7)|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50||70|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65||90|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40||55|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55||75|
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments. Candidates have to work as English/ Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of Skill Test of a candidate during the examination.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/ Sub Regional Offices or at other Centre(s) as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding the Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
SSC Stenographer Exam Centre
Candidates have an option to select Exam Centres for SSC Stenographer 2019 Exam. Though the centres might be changed by SSC if there is unavailability of a seat in the selected location. Let’s have a look at the Exam Centres mentioned by SSC for SSC Stenographer 2019 Exam:
|Agra (3001)||Allahabad (3003)||Kanpur (3009)||Guna(6004)|
|Lucknow (3010)||Varanasi (3013)||Bhagalpur||Raipur(6204)|
|Gangtok (4001)||Ranchi(4205)||Jalpaiguri (4408)||Kolkata (4410)|
|Sambalpur (4609)||Port Blair (4802)||Surat(7007)||Leh(1005)|
|Srinagar(2004) (Uttarakhand)||Madurai (8204)||Visakhapatnam (8007)||Indore(6006)|
|Bhatinda (1401)||Kozhikode (Calicut) (9206)||Ajmer(2401)||Haldwani(2003)|
|Raipur (6204)||Dharwad (9004)||Sriganganagar(2408)||Jammu(1004)|
|Mangaluru (9008)||Udaipur(2409)||Bilaspur (6202)||Ahmedabad(7001)|
SSC Stenographer 2019 Syllabus
The revised syllabus for SSC Stenographer 2019 was released by SSC in its notification. The syllabus for SSC Stenographer is different for both the stages of examination and it is mandatory for students to know the entire syllabus in order to prepare effectively for SSC Stenographer 2019. General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning and English Language are the three major sections a candidate need to proficient in for Paper-1 of SSC Stenographer 2019 Exam.
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honours||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
|Scientific Research||Reading Comprehension||Syllogism|
|History||Para Jumbles||Decision making|
|Important Dates||Problem Solving Skills|
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
It is really important to prepare effectively for SSC Stenographer 2019 Exam if you want to scale this paper with flying colours. Prepare from offline classroom program or chose from our correspondence course or E-Books. Give as many Mock Test Series as you can to score high in this paper. Believe in yourself and learn the major two mantras to crack the exam: Speed and Accuracy. Solve Past Year Question Papers to know the pattern and level of difficulty of questions being asked in SSC Stenographer Exam.